Aloe Vera is the plant of immortality. The leaf that most researchers claimed had helped not just cuts, scrapes and burns, but it seems that this wonder plant has endless benefits. Ancient Egyptians called this plant of immortality. Egyptians claimed that aside from using it for immediate remedy, Aloe Vera has plenty of amazing healing properties. Ancient kings and queens like Nefertiti and Cleopatra used aloe vera as part of their beauty regimen.
In the Philippines, the herb is one of the most common plant that grows due to the warm climate and extensively use for herbal medicine and has been distributed all over the continent. Aloe Vera has variegated leaves that grow up from center base. If you wish to grow this plant, you can use a pot with well-draining soil and place in direct or indirect sunlight. Proper care is important but waterering the plant only requires after a week or if soil is too dry.
Aloe Vera helped my dog. Yesterday, I have been bothered that my dog keeps scratching his neck and chest. I was guessing it could be mange, scabies or skin allergy. For a week, he has these tiny hot spots, dry, flaky skin and has an odd unusual odor. Sometimes, we are out doing outdoor exercise since he really enjoys running and jumping on the stairs and just walk around in the morning. I was guessing that our outdoor activities might have contributed of acquiring these filthy mites or bacteria that results to his skin problems. The skin problem is not too serious, though I just want to make sure it will not worsen and simply want to give him a comfort. I always tend to look for a holistic or natural approach for healing. So I looked up online trying to find answers and I saw that one big contributor to solve this dog skin problem is Aloe Vera. Luckily, my neighbor has plenty of this wonder herb in front of their porch. I asked for few cuts of leaves and applied each slimy gel or juices to his skin. The great news is, the scratching lessens and within the day the red patches are eventually no longer visible on his skin. The Aloe Vera’s soothing agent had given him comfort and he no longer scratches his skin. Aside from Aloe Vera, I also had him drink a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar or the undiluted ACV applied to some of his red patches. Of course, there are plenty of natural remedies that can help skin problem for dogs but this aloe Vera is one of these top notched remedy. I noticed that within the day, there is healing and these natural home remedies like aloe Vera is now my favorite.
Aloe vera is called the heal-all plant, wonder juice, emergency patch, comfort patch, but few more contributions like rejuvenator, anti bacterial, detoxification, supplementation, beauty treatment and countless benefits that one might think how could this plant gained recognition. According to The Journal of Environmental Science and Health, that the aloe gel contains Minerals-including calcium, zinc, sodium, and selenium; Enzymes like amylase and lipase that aids digestions; Vitamins like vitamin B12 for productions of red blood cells and contains 20 essential amino acids that are required by the human body.
Here are few uses and benefits of Aloe Vera:
- Detox juice- Since the juice is full of amino acids, vitamins and minerals, the juice helps digestive system of getting rid toxic waste and naturally flushing it out of the body.
- Indigestion, stomach ulcers and heartburn- When the scorching cells reacts inside the digestive system, the natural smoothing effects relieves the intestinal irritation and protecting gastrointestinal system.
- Muscle Recovery- incase athletes don’t know about this, Aloe Vera is effective recovering the tired and stressed muscles from hard exercises.
- Skin burns, nails, acne, skin hydrating- when topically applied, aloe vera can soothe the inflamed, burned or dry skin, allows to enhance collagen and hydraulic acid to rejuvenate skin.
- Regulate Blood Sugar and lowers cholesterol- Some evidence has been proven that the aloe vera juice helps lower cholesterol. Mayo clinic website states when aloe vera is taken internally it helps lower blood sugar levels.
- Natural Supplements in Aloe Vera-It contains vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12 and folic acid.
- Hair growth- There are plenty of commercial or natural products in the market that aloe vera helps promote healthy hair.
- Support Immune System- When there is too much inflammation in the body most likely is caused by asthma, eczema and Crohn’s disease. Since it contains immune boosting polysaccharides it helps aid and maintains body’s immune system.
- Fights Cancer- Everybody hates cancer. But Aloe Vera has cancer-fighting properties believe to have 94% cure rate on terminal cancers.
You can grow Aloe Vera in your backyard or buy it from the market which are sold commercially online, drugstores or on supermarkets. The best thing about aloe vera is there are no side effects using the pure leaf or inner juice. Some commercially sold aloe vera might contains other chemicals that can result to diarrhea, constipation, or electrolyte imbalance. It is important to consult an expert or your doctor if you are unsure of the dosage and medication of aloe vera products.
Aloe Vera juice can be taken orally and regularly. Sebastian Pole of Pukka Herbs suggested of taking 3-6 tablespoons once or twice a day.
Here is a video on How to Best Prepare and Eat Aloe Vera
Nature has offered plenty of amazing plants that are not only for healing but with additional versatile contributions. Aloe Vera used to be just sitting like a sturdy house plant but had incredibly makes you healthy along with these boosting range of nutrients, range of healing and beneficial effects. From the interview, according to Dr. Michael Haley, “The food you eat can make significant changes on how your body works. We want to make positive health dietary lifestyle changes for the rest of your life. Is alove Vera a cure-all? It’s pretty darn Good! -♥keyef
Check Thses Aloe Vera Products Online:
(c) Featured photo: PLANT OF IMMORTALITY